Monday, April 11, 2011

Is It Time For The Next One, Yet?!?

I knoooow I speak for the entire community of families, volunteers & staff who were on last week's Spring Break retreat when I say "I wanna be back at Lighthouse!"

I've pondered how to express, in a way that truly captures it, what we really experienced there. But the daily blogs can't possibly wrap around the heart and soul that goes into each new friendship, every exchange of trust, all of the bursts of laughter, even the occasional tears.

There's no way to adequately describe the holy ground of opening up and sharing, to those who intimately understand, what has not been previously spoken.

I can't tell you how special it feels to hold a child who clenches you in return with fierce affection, courage and joy, despite his or her history of pain and oh so premature wisdom.

Our pictures can't do justice to the sense of family that grows - inexplicably through common things, like laundry, food prep, waitressing, childcare, listening - within each partnering of volunteers with men, women and children who have endured too much.

So I'll just say this: I hope that each of you decides that you would like to dig your toes into the sand alongside others who will surely melt your heart and change your Life.

I hope you come on down, come on over, come on in to the Lighthouse! It's worth whatever it takes to get there!

Now it's time for me to sign off as Spring Break blogger. Thanks so much for tuning in to share the incredible Lighthouse Family Retreat experience. Be sure to check back in late May for Week Two! Another blogger is eager to introduce you to a few very special families... maybe you'll even be there!

Until then... SEE YA LATER! :)  


1 comment:

  1. My favorite phrase from above ... "fierce affection." That expresses so much of what last week was all about. It was such a joy to serve such deserving families alongside so many amazing people. I know that God called me to that retreat for a purpose, and I see Him in the friendships He planted, the memories we made, and in the way I can't stop thinking about the retreat. Praise God for such a beautiful week of laughter and love, and for such an amazing ministry at Lighthouse!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete