Friday, April 8, 2011

Day Five - Happy & Sad!

It has been a long - but oh so short! - week together and it's tough to believe that soon we'll be saying our "See ya later's!" Many of the parents have shared that their time in Common Ground has forged close friendships and a fresh perspective to carry home. I've been told by some that they wish they could have ANOTHER week together - right now! Thank you, Eleanor and Buck, for your loving guidance and nurturing hearts!

It has been a great week for kids, siblings, vols & staff, too! What a fun-filled stretch of games, crafts, swimming & just hangin' out! Next week will come waaaay too soon - back to work, school & challenges that don't involve putting on enough sunscreen or whether to choose the brownie or lemonade pie. We are newly reminded, though, that God is in each step that we take and holds us tight through every hurdle!

Last night, when I was talking with a family who sometimes feels overwhelmed, a song that I learned long ago came to mind:

It's me, again, Lord.
I've got a prayer that needs an answer.

It's me, again, Lord.
I've got a problem I can't solve.
I don't mean to worry You, but here I am, facing something new...
I need help that only comes from You.

It's me, again, Lord.

There are times when I sing this song under my breath and, for some reason, it comforts me. Because I know that, no matter what I bring to Him, He has an answer and a solution that is beyond anything I can ever control or create.

His plan, no matter how different it might look from my own, is always perfect.

Thank You, Lord, for letting me come to You, no matter what. I am never - ever - alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment