Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lighthouse Week One Is Just Weeks Away!


Hi, I’m Cheryl Lewis from Alpharetta, Georgia. My family and I volunteer at North Point Community Church (and, as of next week, I’ll also be on staff there – yay!).  Last summer, my family participated as volunteers in our first Lighthouse Family Retreat. It was amazing! The families we met there genuinely feel like extensions of our own family now. We had heard it would be wonderful, but experiencing it LIVE is beyond description!



So we have been counting the weeks until we can return and – woohoo! – that number is now just 2! We’re extremely excited to be participating Week One during our Spring Break, which is the first full week of April. I hope you’re on that trip! I would love to meet you – or have a reunion! (We’ll also be back during Week Eight.)

Each week, a participant will be a featured blogger on this site. I’ll be blogging each day during Week One, so tell your family & friends that they can check in for updates, pictures and fun video posts. Or, better yet, come experience it in person! It will change your life in ways you can’t even imagine.

* My time at Lighthouse is dedicated to Kenzie Gonzalez, who we met during our Lighthouse Retreat last July. She taught me more about joy and selfless love (& fun!) in just a few months than I had grasped the rest of my lifetime!


Two weeks ago, on March 2nd, she went home to Heaven. While we miss her like crazy, her JOY is with us each & every day! I am forever grateful to Lighthouse for creating the opportunity to have her in my Life and to God for sharing her with the world for six years! My outlook on life will never be the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment