Friday, March 25, 2011

Lighthouse Week One is Almost Here!

I'm so excited! Some of the most remarkable friendships of my life were formed during our last week of volunteering at Lighthouse and I can't wait to get to know the newest group of family guests & volunteers!

To make it even more thrilling, I have just learned that TWO of my students from my Small Group of 6th graders at church are going to be volunteering alongside us! I'm so proud that these girls have such a heart for others and are eager to spend their Spring Break in this way! Thank you, Guin and Abi! I love you both! I know that every parent and leader feels the same as I do - we are continually amazed by the lessons we learn from the youngest amongst us!

So are you counting down like I am?? It's nearly time for some sun, sand, flip flops, waves, food, fun, friendships, singing, dancing, swimming, laughing - and loving!!

If you are sponsoring someone who is attending - THANK YOU!!! (If you WANT to become a sponsor or simply want to check out what Lighthouse Family Retreats are all about, go to www.lighthousefamilyretreat.org) Please check in here frequently for fun news & pix of all that is going on as the Lighthouse 2011 beach retreats get underway! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment